JEE ADVANCED 2014 TOPPER INTERVIEW

interview of chitraang murdia


Chitraang Murdia had never faced TV cameras and journalists before Thursday, but by the end of the day the 18-year-old from Udaipur had held a press conference and given several interviews to the media. All because he had topped the IIT JEE (Advanced) exams by scoring 334 out of 360 marks. 

Chitraang and his parents Manish and Sonali Murdia were having breakfast in a hotel room at 930am when a call broke the news of the teenager's feat. 

"Yes, we were awaiting the results and getting ourselves ready for it," said Sonali. "He (Chitraang) got a call from the director of IIT Kharagpur and was told he had secured the first position. Upon getting the news he was mum and his senses numbed for a few seconds and I started crying in joy. I hugged my son and his father also congratulated him." 

Soon, as the news spread, the family started getting congratulatory messages and phone calls from relatives, friends and teachers. The directors and teachers of Allen Career Institute, where Chitraang did his IIT preparation, told him he would have to attend a press conference and also meet Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje. 

"We met the CM and came for the press conference," Sonali said. "For the first time, my son faced TV cameras and journalists, and I could see he was quite confident." 

Chitraang answered a series of questions from mediapersons while having lunch. Later, he went live on air with some private television channels. 

"It's of course a big day for me, my family and the teachers who encouraged me during my preparations," Chitraang told TOI. "Everyone is congratulating me and I'm sharing my success with them. It feels awesome." 

Various television channels lined up interviews with Chitraang and he was busy till 8 pm. 

Sonali said the family had received more than 200 calls and several SMSes. About their celebration plans, she said: "We are into interviews right now. Nothing is planned yet but, of course, we'll definitely do something special for my son." 

The IIT topper said he was "totally exhausted" and would take the train to Udaipur at night. "Every other celebration will be done in my city," he said. "All I need for the time being is rest." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kota Topper Story: Shitikanth IIT JEE 2008 Topper

The Most Brilliant Students of Kota Ever

How much You can get by Selling your IIT JEE RANK ??