David Beckham retires!!

I'm thankful to PSG for
giving me the
opportunity to continue
but I feel now is the
right time to finish my
career, playing at the
highest level. If you had
told me as a young boy
I would have played for
and won trophies with
my boyhood club
Manchester United,
proudly captained and
played for my country
over one hundred times
and lined up for some of
the biggest clubs in the
world, I would have told
you it was a fantasy.
I'm fortunate to have
realised those dreams.
To this day, one of my
proudest achievements
is captaining my
country. I knew every
time I wore the Three
Lions shirt, I was not
only following in a long
line of great players, I
was also representing
every fan that cared
passionately about their
country. I'm honoured to
represent England both
on and off the pitch.
I wouldn't have
achieved what I have
done today without my
family. I'm grateful for
my parents' sacrifice,
which made me realise
my dreams. I owe
everything to Victoria
and the kids, who have
given me the inspiration
and support to play at
the highest level for
such a long period. I also
want to thank Simon
Fuller and his team for
their continued support.
I want to thank all my
team-mates, the great
managers that I had
the pleasure of learning
from. I also want to
thank the fans who
have all supported me
and given me the
strength to succeed.
Nothing will ever
completely replace
playing the game I love,
however I feel like I'm
starting a new
adventure and I'm
genuinely excited about
what lies ahead. I'm
fortunate to have been
given many
opportunities
throughout my career
and now I feel it's my
time to give back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kota Topper Story: Shitikanth IIT JEE 2008 Topper

The Most Brilliant Students of Kota Ever

How much You can get by Selling your IIT JEE RANK ??