My First Day at IIT Kanpur

As any fresher, my mind was bubbling with many questions. How tough will be the studies, How strict will be IIT professors, Who will be my batch-mates ....

But the most frequent and most puzzling question was how many and how beautiful girls will be in my class.

In IIT girl to boy ratio is very bad. In batch of around 500 we had only 50 girls. With this statistic we roommates discussed the possibility to have a beautiful girl in our class. With very good control over probability we easily calculated very rear chances of this favorable outcome but human mind always try to rationalize and hope for positive outcome, no matter how impossible the outcome is.

With crossed fingers, with hope for favorable outcome I started the journey for my first class. There was a clear instruction from seniors, not to use lift but use only stairs. My class was on 4th floor. We gathered near lift and discussed we should use stairs or lift.

Some of us feel that climbing 4 floors is itself a punishment and used lift and others thought it is not worth to take risk and used stairs. I was the part of lazy and risky group and I choose lift.

In the lift, there was a very beautiful girl, she was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen (Till I met my wife). When I saw her, I began to pray she should be in my class. With the fear that she may be a senior, I had some glimpse of her cute face. Both of us got out of lift on 4th floor. I got some hope.

I was just few steps behind her and she entered a room. I checked the room number it was the same room where my first class was planned. I got so excited and I was like

Wooow she is in my class
She is in my class
She is in my class.

After controlling my excitement I entered the room. What I saw in the room I didn't believe.

She was standing next to black board and taking attendance of the students. At that moment all my hope broke down.
Later I came to know that Thursday was a tutorial day and generally PHD students come as teaching assistance and organize tutorials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kota Topper Story: Shitikanth IIT JEE 2008 Topper

The Most Brilliant Students of Kota Ever

How much You can get by Selling your IIT JEE RANK ??